Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Resolutions Update: How Am I Doing?

After this first quarter of 2011, I felt the urge to check in and reflect on my progress.

In spite of a few personal stumbling blocks, I am still seeking out Joy whenever I can. Teaching the kids to find it outside of Wii, the Cartoon Network and torturing one another has been a bit of a challenge - but - winter is finally over so... there's hope.

Giving back where I can? Maybe not as much as I'd like, but in my defense there's been a lot going on. I see so many places where I can help. Will continue to work on this.

Fulfilling one dream this year? Working on that.

To the people I love and cherish - I love and cherish you!!

I spoke my truth. Some didn't like it. Many more did. Thank you for that.

Still running! Again, a little short on investment, but I tend to be an underachiever when faced with blinding wind and rain, and ongoing sleep deprivation. The weather is a lot more inviting now, who needs sleep? First 5k scheduled for May 14th. Pray for me that I survive.

Eating better than ever - lots of fruit and vegetables, salads, etc. Did I eat Oreos? Half a bag of potato chips? 14 ounces of Hershey's chocolate? Well, perhaps next time no one will ask me to hide the Easter candy five days before "aunt Mary" arrives.

"I will take time for me." I have, several times. And, I have continued to assert my needs and behold! I have been heard. I've been getting "me" time at least once a week - with only a little drama from my youngest who still thinks she's my boss. Who knew it would be this easy?

I did stop making excuses for my choices, emotions and behavior. I did apologize occasionally - but, as I am still in the "asserting me" phase, I may have dodged a few apologies. I'm not without remorse. Email me if you need one.

Of course I continue to fight for my daughter's health - that's a no-brainer. She, however, continues to fight me tooth and nail (literally) over virtually every meal and pump infusion set change. Therefore I continue to pray for a cure, and my sanity.

I'm trying to be a great mom, really I am, but let's face it - some days you're only as good as your tolerance will stretch. My two little angels challenge me virtually every day not to be Mommy Dearest on crack. But I do tell them I love them every day, AND I hug them all the time - whether they like it or not.

Every day I wake up has been a new opportunity to be "me" again. It is a divine blessing to live in the light.


"To your own Self be true." ~ William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment