Saturday, March 5, 2016

Overheard in a Fitting Room

A 10-year-old walks into a space-challenged fitting room after trying on a dress, and wedges herself into the corner seat. The click of hangers and whoosh of fabrics … a few seconds of trivial conversation turns to this.

Dad really loves Stephanie.

I hope so. I’m glad.

You want him to be happy.

Yes, I do.

Why did you and dad get divorced?

We didn’t get along. We fought a lot.

But you don’t fight anymore.

That’s because we’re not married anymore.

What did you fight about?

Everything. We didn’t see eye-to-eye on very much. But I’m not sorry we got married – because I have you, and your brother.

You’d still have us, even if you married Todd instead.

Well, I’d still have kids, they just wouldn’t have been you and –

Yeah, cause then we’d look like Todd. Eww!

What?!

Well, his face is skinny...

What are you saying?

No – I mean, he’s alright but –

Well, I like him.



No comments:

Post a Comment