Sunday, January 3, 2016

16 Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2016

Out in the blogosphere, bloggers were posting the 50 Things That Made Me Happy in 2015  (or some variation thereof) and, as I’ve been slacking a bit on the writing, I started jotting down ideas on New Year’s while waiting for the crowd to appear. Stevie B leaned over and asked what I was doing, and when I told him he suggested it might be a lot easier to go with 16 Things I’m Looking Forward To. You can thank Stevie B for making your reading shorter today. 

  1. A vacation. With Todd. Alone. You may be surprised to learn that we have yet to vacation alone together. We didn’t have a honeymoon. This is our year. Cape May, Myrtle Beach, Vegas, Niagara Falls, Vineyard hopping in California…. I don’t care where we go, I don’t care what we do…
  2. Ride. As in JDRF Ride. I told someone fairly influential that I was doing it this year, purposely because I knew there’d be no backing out from that moment on. This is huge – it’s a destination ride – I was planning on Burlington but there are other locations to consider (Death Valley, Tahoe, Tucson, Amelia Island,…)…. It’s a 100-mile ride and there’s a shit-ton of fundraising to do (not to mention training), but I really can’t wait!
  3. A new job. I’m ready to step into something new and I’m knocking on the door of a new opportunity as we speak.
  4. Completing the novel. I really, really want to finish writing that first book this year.
  5. My In-laws’ 50th Anniversary party. We’re throwing the party of the century this summer for my in-laws’ renewal of vows and celebration of a lifetime of love. Backyard, tent, handmade chuppah, live music, dancefloor, and only the very best food on the planet.
  6. Dress shopping for the aforementioned event. And also for a JDRF Gala this spring.
  7. Watching my son start in football this year. And staying injury-free.
  8. Paying off my legal fees.  Just $1000 left. Woohoo.
  9. And, while we’re at it, Paying down all our debts so we can breathe easier.
  10. More advancements in the battle for the Cure. Something mind-blowing.
  11. Continuing my own advocacy efforts. And adding Maryland to the short list of DKA-awareness legislation efforts.
  12. The Art Show. *More details to follow. Need to spend some time on this with two people who want to get this off the ground. Very exciting stuff.
  13. An in-ground pool. Yes.
  14. Watching Todd launch his product this year. I can’t wait!
  15. Spending more quality time with the people who matter – friends and family, and new friends along the way.
  16. Love, Laughter, and JOY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment